Scrubber systems are a diverse group of air pollution control devices that can be used to remove some particulates and/or gases from industrial exhaust streams. “Scrubber” is a pollution control devices that use liquid to wash unwanted pollutants from a gas stream. Scrubbers are one of the primary devices that control gaseous emissions, especially acid gases, Fumes. Industrial Scrubbers can also be used for heat recovery from hot gases by flue gas condensation. Scrubber are used for scrubbing the abnoxious fumes such as silicon tetrafluride, HNO3, HCl, NH3, Phosphoric acid, super phosphate & Fluorine. Manufacturing using quality R.M these are available in various dimensions & specifications. As per the client requirement this systems can also be used for recovery of the products.
The basic scrubber configurations are:
- Spray nozzle scrubbers – water are sprayed with high pressure through nozzles to produce the droplets in the air
- Venturi scrubbers – air or gas velocity is increased through a venturi shape – increased turbulence atomize the water droplets
- Packed bed scrubbers – air passes through wet-laden fiber mats where mists are collected. Not suited if solid particles are present in the air since the fiber mats may plug
- Combination Venturi-cum-packed bed Scrubbers
- Cyclone Scrubbers
- Impingement-plate scrubber – vertical scrubber with horizontal plates, air flows from bottom to top, water flows from top to bottom
Cyclones & Multicyclones
The cyclone is a widely used type of particulate collection device in which dust-laden gas enters tangentially into a cylindrical or conical chamber and leaves through a central opening. When very large gas volumes must be handled and high collection efficiencies are needed a multiple of small diameter cyclones are usually nested together to form a multicyclone. Such systems are also customized for product recovery system along with pollution control equipment.
Bag filter is used for collection of dry free flowing dust; typically dust from the dust-laden air that enters by suction or positive pressure into the hopper. When this air travels across the filter media, the dust is retained on the filter element and the clean air passes through. The bags are periodically cleaned by Reverse Pulse jet type method.
It works by utilizing wind power induced by centrifugal action. The centrifugal force caused by rotating vanes creates low pressure which draws air out through rotating body. Amount of air drawn by ventilator is continuously replaced by fresh air from outside. It works on natural draft no external power is required. Air Ventilators are designed as per IS No 3103:1975.